Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Time to move on...

Sooooo as the true diet whore that I am... I think it might be time to move on. Im wasting money every day by starting my day out well, eating my medifast foods, but then by midafternoon Im in the pantry eating crackers. (No my tankini didnt help) I will say I do have horrible PMS so it can probably be blamed for the past couple days, but I think either way that Ive hit the end of my medifast journey, because if you arent going to do it 100%, then you are throwing money down the toilet.
SO Ill either see if any of the peeps I know want to buy stuff off me, or Ill ebay it.

On to my NEXT idea. A friend here is doing the 17 day diet. What is that you say? Its a book that you have to buy (of course, similar to southbeach etc) where there are cycles of eating styles. It encourages clean, whole food eating. Cutting out processed stuff etc... but each cycle is different to help "throw off" your metabolism and keep it pumping. I havent read the book yet but here is some info I found online:

The 17 day diet consist of 4 cycles, each lasting 17 days with the exception of the last cycle. (which is supposed to be your NEW way of eating forever) The point of the diet is to confuse your metabolism so that it keeps actively working.

Cycle 1: Promote rapid weight loss by improving digestive health (basically low carb)
Cycle 2: Reset metabolism through increasing and decreasing calorie consumption to increase fat-burning and prevent plateaus
Cycle 3: Develop good eating habits by reintroducing additional foods
Cycle 4: Maintenance of weight loss by eating healthy during the week and allowing for consumption of one's favorite foods on the weekend.

The good part about the program is that there is no real calorie counting. The program encourages to stay within the normal range of 1200 to 1400 calories, but there are no calorie or portion size numbers to be concerned with.

Exercise is encouraged with the program of at least 17 minutes a day.

The book states people lose between 10 and 15 pounds within the first 17 days (Cycle 1). Also, you can go back to Cycle 1 at any time if you have more weight to lose.

So once I read the book and get started on it Ill of course be blogging away about it. ;)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like that one will be easier day-to-day to stick with. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah FOR SURE!!!! Medifast was good for what it was, but I just cant do it anymore. Apparently 4 weeks without cheating once was my max lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going from one diet to another one is a great idea. Mix it up! The 17 day diet is edorsed by dr phil and the doctors so i think its a good one. I've thought about doing it myself to mix things up. I'm excited to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I figure it will keep me from getting bored. of course tonight Im lost, cause I dont know WHAT to eat tomorrow lol! Guess ill try and eat low carb till my book comes and I read it.
    Yeah I knew that Dr phil endorsed this diet, I didnt know the doctor guy did too. Pretty cool!!! Stay tuned to my blog. I got 2 day shipping from amazon for the book, but that all depends on when they actually ship it I guess lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stumbled on your blog looking for exercise info just wanted to let you know that jumping from diet to diet might temporarily work but its not a good plan for the long run because youll never stick to it forever. you need to focus more on how much you eat and at one time. try six small meals a day. make all of your meals balanced and small portions use a measuring cup to scoop everything if you have to or buy a cheap plate and mark out portion sizes with a sharpie. measure everything even your glass of wine if you have one. if your not sure about what size portion go by whats on the package if its in a package or look up what the health department suggests for serving sizes for meats and such. really by stretching your three meals into six meals that alone should help because it keeps your metabolism going all day instead of having huge rushes and then nothing. good luck i'm going to follow to see how things go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kitty. thanks for your post. OH yes I know thats how I Should be doing it LOL! I really want to lose and THEN transition into something lifelong, which I know probably isnt the best way. Whenever I tell myself to "do it right" and eat healthy etc... I end up out of control and gaining. :( I am going to pull myself together though!!!

    ReplyDelete