Monday, January 3, 2011

weight lifting is a slippery slope

So I really have no clue what I need to be doing differently, or if this is just a normal part of weight lifting, but MAN Im frustrated.
I started doing CHX (chalean extreme) 3 weeks ago, and IMMEDIATELY shot up 5 lbs when I started... I also am doing WW (weight watchers) and have been following it perfectly the past 2 weeks... HOWEVER I cannot get the 5 lbs off. Im so bummed and frustrated!
I know that weight training causes your muscles to hold onto water, and swell and all that, but seriously how long does that go on? I am SO ready for it to turn the corner and have weight start falling off now. Funny thing is I dont FEEL thinner yet either. I know that Im developing muscle, cause I can feel it, and I would imagine that Im losing some inches etc (havent checked yet) but my clothes arent really fitting any better.
Though soemtimes my pants seem to shrink along with me a few pants sizes LOL!

I guess this is the type of situation where it would be nice to have a personal trainer to tell me its NORMAL, and OK for this to be happening, and to keep on going cause it will come off eventually. Its just SO discouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment