Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Been a while, and welcome to my bodybugg journey

So its been a while since I updated my blog.... EEEK! Guess I dont have as much time as I thought I did. ;)

So as usual my blog will be about my trying to lose weight, since that is an endless battle for me.
I just got my thyroid meds upped so I REALLY hope that will help. Ive been struggling SO BAD since I had Jacoby to lose weight, and it all coincides with when my thyroid issues started, so I do think they go hand in hand.

I started over a month ago giving southbeach a try, after reading the book "why we get fat, and what to do about it" by Gary Taubes. This was all in all a good read. VERY Long winded and repetitive, but basically weight issues are from carbs (DUH). So by the end of the book he pretty much wants you on an atkins type diet. SO I figured why not... started doing atkins, lost 4 lbs the first two days, but I was really Nauseous, and decided the southbeach diet sounded healthier and like it wouldnt upset my stomach as much, so switched to that. I followed that, even tracking my food intake on myfitnesspal, for close to 2 weeks without losing another pound. Now of course during that time I Missed out on family things... For instance Jacoby had his birthday, and I didnt enjoy cake and ice cream, and yummy dinner with my family. I sat there and watched them all eat it wishing I could have a tiny bit lol!!! I dont think life needs to be that way. Everything in moderation right?
SO anyways... I decided that maybe southbeach was too low calorie for me and my body was freaking out, because most days I was taking in about 900 calories a day (THE HORROR!) and the first two weeks of southbeach, people usually lose up to 12 lbs, the fact that I lost nothing raised some redflags for me.
So anyways.... started just tracking my foods on myfitnesspal, and following the "plan" on that site, calorie wise etc.
Now for anyone that hasnt been on myfitnesspal, there are message boards on there as well, and it appears that the consensus on them is that IF you exercise, you need to eat your exercise calories back, because MFP program has a deficit set up for it already, so you should lose weight even if you are NOT working out.... but if you work out and dont eat those calories you are creating too big of a deficit and you will make your body freak out, thinking its starving etc, and it will hold onto all the fat you have. So upon reading that OVER AND OVER I decided I need to do that. so for 3 weeks I did just that... made sure my net calories (what I took in minus what I burned) was at least 1200 calories a day etc. AND yes I was working out 5 days a week. Now during that time I DID notice my pants getting a bit loser and I FEEL a bit better, but I HAVENT LOST ANYTHING!!!! GRRRR!

So I decided there must be something wrong with my metabolism or something, so last week I ordered a Bodybugg. You might have seen them on the biggest loser. Its an arm band with a high tech digital device on it that tracks YOUR PERSONAL calorie burn for the day. You wear it around the clock (yes even when sleeping) and plug it into your computer and it uploads data with your exact calorie burn. I was AMAZED how many calories I burn doing laundry and other "mom' stuff.
So anyways, with this program, you should take your daily calorie burn and then deduct from that to get your calorie intake. So for instance, if you want to lose 1 lb a week, you deduct 500 calories from your daily burn, to get your daily intake, 750 for 1.5, and 1000 for 2 lbs.
I have been doing that, but having trouble getting my calorie count high enough, cause of course you should be eating HEALTHY calories, not cheeseburgers and french fries. On the weekend days I burned well over 3000 calories a day, so I needed to be taking in AT LEAST 2200 calories. WAIT WHAT??????

Ok so someone tell me how its possible to lose weight eating that much, but also eating 1200 calories? Why are my friends eating 12-1500 calories and losing????? I am so confused with this whole weight loss thing right now LMAO!!!

I am continuing to plug along with it, and I will update my blog with details with how I do, because I know I have a lot of friends interested in this device. ;) So for now Im wishing MYSELF good luck!!! And saying "welcome back to Noelle's obnoxious weight loss blogs" I do hope this will be the last time I have to blog about this, cause I will be successful this time!!!!

Bodybugg link if you are interested: http://bodybugg.extole.com/a/clk/pDXx

2 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT! Have you thought of talking to a nutritionist or something? I am sure it is expensive, but it seems like SOMETHING has to give for you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I havent. I think I have a good idea of what I "should, and shouldnt" eat. I think a nutritionist would just tell you "eat whole grains, limit carbs, lean meats bla bla bla" and I already know all that, so its not worth the expense to me. :(

    ReplyDelete